Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Zzzzingy!

Boo-boo alert! Avert your eyes those who are sensitive to outrageous failures in producing half-decent cards! Well, I HAVE promised to share my goods AND my bads with the blogging world...

Sad thing is it could have worked perfectly well if I hadn't changed my mind at the last minute and matted everything on chocolate brown instead of bright yellow. Too late now.

I still like the gorgeous Banana Split image by Isabella though. Isn't it yummy? Coloured with Copics, smothered in clear glaze, liquid applique, beads and glitter. As usual. 'Cos I don't DO subtle.

And the layout (sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch) is actually very nice. See, positive thinking! Aren't you proud of me?!

Apologies for photos, very overcast day and I did not want to use a flash since it would have smeared horrible glare on top of all the glazed areas.

The papers I used are from K & CO Cut n' Paste mat stack.

And funnily enough, Allison was kind enough to let me embellish my blog with her "Me Likey" badge for this card I had considered a boo-boo:




Thanks a million, Allison!

I would like to enter this card into following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy - Birthday with a sweet treat

Pile it On - Make it Sweet

Tanda Teaser,- Vivid Colours (Hah!)

Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes!

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

Hugs

Annika



21 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! Looks yummy! Love it... this is my daughters moto!!!!!
Hugs
Kim
x

Allison Rankin said...

What are you talking about? This rocks my world! I love all the springy yumminess...in fact, I am off to blog it!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is totally scrumptious Annika and the colours are beautiful. Love the sentiment (how true that is)!, and the 3-d effect.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Annika! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't beleive you don't like this ice cream card. I am very hard on myself too but when I look at my cards the day after I make them, I love them! You obviously know how to put colors together! The ice cream looks good enough to eat. I love your mother's day card with the personalized towel hanging on the line!

Basement Stamper said...

Your card definitely rocks!! I love that sundae, it's so realistic! Fantastic colors.

Roxx.T Barnes said...

ooh so adorable...makes me want some icecream! So true we can be our worst critics.. Adorable card...Please tell me what is the product name you used for the whipped cream.I absloutely love this card.

http://dreamsofcrafting.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

You call this a booboo? This is FANTASTIC! Love the card - love all the elements and detail in it - and that image is super delicious!

Jennifer said...

I think it's cool. thanks for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

This looks sooooo real! I think your color choice is bright and fun too!!!

Rose Ann said...

What a yummy card!! Beautiful too!!

sue law said...

Yellow's fine..DD2's fave colour!

Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
Sue
x

Mina said...

I hate to disagree with you Annika but I think the yellows perfect for it, it reminds me of a packet of sweets with all those fantastic fruity colours
Mina xxx

Only By His Grace said...

Super card Annika.
I like the yellow
hugs Marion

Theresa's Studio said...

I like it as it is!!!

Jan Scholl said...

The only thing I dont like about this card is that its not in my house for me to look at. I am saving this to my special file for when I need ideas and inspiration. And I am adding you to my Reader! oh, and Allison sent me. I am glad she did!

Viv said...

Yum! This is cute Annika! Love your sundae ! I actually coloured this in for my IS card but hated my attempt so much it was filed in the rubbish and I went for pie instead! !!hee heee!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is gorgeous - perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser.

Theresa's Studio said...

Annika
Thanks for the comment you left on my lilies. The ribbon is something from my collection that I have had a looong time. Source is Unknown. By the way this card should be entered in Isabella's Challenge this week. Perfect for that...maybe I overlooked that you had entered there?

Yosha said...

This is awesome! I love how you included diff patterns. Way to think outside the box!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Holy moly Annika!!! This looks so real it's almost unbelievable. What a fab coloring job and that liquid applique, honestly, looks like whipped cream. WONDERFUL JOB with this Isabella's image!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that sentiment--words to live by, hee hee! This is gorgeous and yummy! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Related Posts with Thumbnails